By the end of the holiday season, many of us realize that we've allowed ourselves to be a little "too festive" and are eager to get back to a healthier routine. If you're in need of a holiday detox, there are a lot of ways you can quickly and easily make small changes to feel better:
1. Drink more water (and less booze!).
2. Find 20-30 minutes a day to get up and move! You don't have to do it all at one time and you don't even have to join a gym to be active. Dance with your kids, park a little further away at Target, make 2 trips to bring in the groceries instead of trying to carry all 25 bags in at one time!
3. Eat smaller portions, whether you're at home or eating out.
4. Find a buddy to help hold you accountable and to cheer you on!
5. Get your rest - decreased sleep can lead to weight gain and an increased chance of diabetes.